Cultural Exchange PROGRAMME
Overview of your Cultural exchange programme:
Soul Indian Journeys brings to you the perfect package for all those of you who want to learn and experience the real soul of India in a nutshell. You will get to combining a touristy experience with some authentic rural experiences. It will be the best way you can get an opportunity to take a closer look at how real Indian families live whilst taking part in Indian festivals and celebrations.
The Cultural Exchange Program, based in Udaipur includes visit to unique and offbeat places in and around Udaipur, Rajasthan where you can spend most of the day engaging yourself in the day-to-day activities of the local rural community, visit rural villages and helping with local NGO to teach kids English. Moreover it also includes art lessons and music classes from local village artists, as well as meditation/Hindi classes (depending on availability).
What is Included in the Program ?
Stay with a host family in Udaipur in a Semi-Deluxe room with 3 meals and all other facilities for a relaxed and comfortable stay
- Pre-arrival orientation on social issues in India
- Information about getting around the city, guides, listings, tips,
maps, health and safety issues
- Initial support to locate public transportation means to and from the project
- Airport bus or train station pickup by a representative
- Lodging throughout the program at our homestay
- Excursions to our cultural sites such as temples, forts and palaces
- Learn about Hinduism
- Cultural events throughout the Program
- Language sessions- learning basic Hindi phrases
- Rural excursions
- Indian cooking classes
- Music lessons- learning the basics of Indian classical music
- Camel rides
- Yoga classes
- Learning the basics of Indian Rajasthani paintings
- Permaculture garden- organic gardening and collecting vegetables
- Assistance in the case of emergencies
- Airport, bus or train station drop off
Highlights of Cultural Exchange program in detail:
- LOCAL YOUTH INTERACTION
Visit our partner foundation’s rural youth centres and spend some time with the enthusiastic, energetic village children. Gain a better understanding of the problems that a developing country faces and see how community-led projects are helping to promote social development at the grass-roots level.
- LOCAL TEMPLE EXCURSION
We will take you to some of the oldest and most interesting temples in and around the city, explaining their cultural and religious importance. Our participants will be able to see and appreciate old Indian temple architecture at its best.
- INTRODUCTION TO RAJASTHANI TRIBAL MUSIC
You will be one of the very few people to explore the Rajasthani Tribal music from within the homes of the local artists. For the last 2 years we have been working with the children of these artists and gypsies. It is a wonderful opportunity to spend time with their families. You would be experimenting with tribal musical instruments such as tribal drums, flutes, violin and many more stringed instruments. You may get a chance to spend time in the huts, learning a bit more about their music and the stories behind their music. This is an excellent chance to see how the knowledge of an art form has been passed down from one generation to another.
- UDAIPUR SIGHTSEEING
“The White City of Rajasthan”. “The City of Lakes”. Udaipur is known by many names, but none entirely reflect its beauty and glory. Udaipur stands on the banks of the Lake Pichola with its array of white marble palaces reflected in the lake’s calm waters. There are gardens, ruins, historical forts and more bodies of water in and around the city to explore. Udaipur is voted one of the most romantic cities of India and has won “World’s Best City to Travel” by Leisure & Travel magazine
- JEEP EXCURSIONS
The participants will enjoy going deep into the countryside, exploring the mountains and lakes and if they are lucky they may see wildlife in and around the Aravali Hills including hyenas, leopards, bears, snakes and mongoose.
- RESPONSIBLE RURAL TOUR
Enjoy guided tours to village locations where you can spend some time engaging in the day-to-day activities of the local rural community. This is an opportunity to get to know the reality of rural Udaipur.
- HINDI LANGUAGE CLASSES
Hindi lessons are the best way to delve into Indian life and culture. Understanding the Hindi alphabet and learning the basic skills to communicate successfully will enrich any amount of time in India and also would be beneficial at the youth centres.
- YOGA CLASSES
Hailing from an ancient Indian tradition, yoga has long since provided people with refuge from the confusion and chaos of daily life. While the practice of yoga is closely associated with ancient texts, beliefs, and values, it yields physical, mental and spiritual benefits for people’s practical daily lives as well. People practice yoga to feel fitter and be more energetic, happier and peaceful.
- COOKING CLASSES
Learn to cook some delicious vegetarian Indian dishes, such as Parathas, roti, Dal, mixed vegetables, rice, and of course, the traditional Indian Chai along with a whole variety of other dishes.
When to go:
The best time to visit Rajasthan is from October to February. This is when the climate will be cooler and enjoyable. If you want to try something different, you can also go to Rajasthan in the Monsoons(nothing can compare to the soft drizzle on your head while you are sitting atop Monsoon Palace enjoying the clouds play hide and seek with the sky at dusk in Udaipur.
Please email us on email@example.com for price details.
What is not Included in the Program ?
- Travel fees to India
- Visa costs
- Insurance (Participants should buy their own health and travel insurance)
- In-country transport outside of the program
Things to remember:
- Please carry Sunscreen/Hat/insect repellent and personal medications.
- Please avoid wearing revealing clothes that may hurt the sentiments of villages or religious monuments you may visit
- Carry a pair of sport shoes(compulsory for trekking/walking).
- Carry a notepad/sketchpad/colour and pen..you never know when you may be inspired to write, draw or paint about the fantastic experiences on the go 😉
- Warm clothes if you are travelling in winter.
- Carry a good Camera for fantastic views and memories of your stay.
© All content, text and photos on this Itinerary are copyrighted by Soul Indian Journeys and may not be used without explicit permission.