Sikkim might be tiny as compared to the other states of India but its tiny size geographically belies the profound diversity she offers. Sikkim lying in the north east part of India, has the steepest rise in altitude over the shortest distance and has within its 7,096 sq. km the entire climatic range, from tropical to temperate to alpine, bestowing on the land an intense natural heritage. Lush and thick forests, flush with blooms of exotic flora, hilly expanses embellished by gushing rivers will leave you spellbound.
Sikkim is virtually unexplored and less commercialized as compared to other mountainous states in India which is why not many have experienced the heaven that it is!But ask few of the offbeat travelers and soul wanderers and you will know how special Sikkim is for them!
Sharing its border Nepal in the west and Bhutan in the east, and the Tibetan plateau rising from its northern border. It was very much a Himalayan monarchy and part of the fabled Silk Route to China which is reason enough for you to come explore it. Imagine walking into a land that has traces of China,Tibet,India and Bhutan and culture that has thrived due to the beautiful merging of the above as well as Landscapes and Road trips that will leave you wanting for more!
Sikkim on the map:
Things to see/do:
- Road trip to Gurudongmar lake from Lachen Village
- Darjeeling Tea plantations and mini train
- Walking along the pedestrianized M.G Road in Gangtok(Capital)
- Trekking/Hiking in the Eastern Himalayas
- Photography in the Yumthang Valley(Valley of Flowers)
- Interacting with local Sikkimese people and having hot momos from the street
- Yak Safari on Changu Lake
- River Rafting on Teesta River
- Watching K2(Third Highest Mountain range in the world) at sun rise from Tiger Hill
- Having a dip in the hot water springs of Reshi
Let Soul Indian Journey be a part of your next Sikkimese Journey and we will make sure “this journey is fun”!Contact us for more information and a quote!